Simon qualified as a solicitor in 1985, having completed his training with the original firm, Talbot Davies and Copner Solicitors. He enjoys a diverse role, heading up an extensive and successful corporate and commercial practice and also occupying the position of Notary Public, which allows him to facilitate work in a variety of foreign jurisdictions.
Simon was an integral part of the successful transfer to the Practice becoming a Limited Liability Partnership in 2005.
Outside work he combines being a bad golfer and a keen follower of Bath Rugby!
Simon has worked on a wide variety of transactions including:
- Commercial freehold sales and purchases
- Commercial leases
- Pension Fund acquisitions and lease back arrangements
- Portfolio sales and acquisitions
- Lending securitisation (personal and corporate) for borrowers and lenders
- Overage and clawback arrangements
- Option agreements and conditional development agreements
- Business sales and purchases (share and asset)
- Shareholder agreements
- Corporate governance
- Environmental liabilities